Its taken several years to get here, but finally after being tabled by the original developers in 2010 a new platform is available in Magento 2 and Magento Enterprise 2. There is no doubt that Magento 2 has made some great improvements in stability, its plug and play ability and frontend HTML performance, but is it right for your business to migrate to Magento 2 or Enterprise 2?
So how will Magento 2 affect you?
- Performance is a lot better but is that enough to see a ROI
- Extensions and addons might not be available that you love and rely on
- Upgrade path for extensions is not included in the Magento 1 to Magento 2 upgrade
- It has advanced developers but there is very little in it for Merchants that cannot be achived with Magento 1
- How will it effect integrations with other business software like warehousing or CRM you have
- Costs many agencies will need to skill up on both Magento 1 and 2 to support client bases
Is it really worth it?
Among the goals for this new version were improving the product quality with developer unit tests, automated UI tests and improving the product performance and scalability in terms of load testing, data scaling and media scaling all of which in some capacity we can achieve with Magento 1. So again, is it worth jumping to Magento 2 or letting it mature enough with the big retailers first?
If you cannot decide then please give us a call and we can help you make that choice and point you in the right direction. Below are just a few things we do with magento 1 right now:
- Customised Magento Hosting scalable on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Customised Support for your business ensuring long term growth
- Custom development of modules and addon
- Magento design and frontend production
- PCI Compliance Framework for your payment solution and hosting
- Digital Analysts monitoring your store ranking, conversion rates and user experience
If you are you interested in Gravytrains view on Magento 2 call or email us now to discuss your requirements!