Below is a non-exhaustive list of day-to-day activities that are involved in this role:
Work with Business Development, Head of Department and Senior Staff to help produce the following:
- Project Proposal
- Statement of Work
- Relevant Case Study/Supporting Information
Coordinate and organise scoping with the client’s key stakeholders, as well as Gravytrain Head of Department and Senior Staff.
- Meeting booking and coordination
- Documentation of meeting
- Production of Scoping Documentation
- Produce and Agree Project Plan
- Consider timeframe and use of resources for this project in conjunction with other work for Gravytrain
- Create all tickets/tasks in JIRA
For the duration of the project, the Project Manager should coordinate the relevant people in at regular intervals (daily, weekly and monthly) until the completion of the project.
- Complete or request ticket information to required standards
- Issue tasks to Gravytrain team (and clients if needed)
- Get estimates for work from relevant people
- Communicate solutions effectively to relevant people
- Data gather where required for work to proceed
- Create win-win solutions through creative problem solving
- Coordinate Scrum style stand-ups
- Follow instructions and recommendations made by senior developers or managers
- Basic Browser/Device Testing
- Update project plan to reflect current status
- Report on work completed, issues and concerns to Head of Department and Client
- Update Accounts and Head of Department on current budget spend
- Forecast the next week’s work, and pre-emptively request information from the client
- Adjust project global timelines and work with relevant Gravytrain team to reprioritise and organise projects
- Forecast the next months’ work and priorities
After a project is completed, a final review of the project should be created and presented to Head of Department and Directors. This should include recommendations for what can be done better in the next project, as well as recommendations for marketing and sales to do with the project.
The project manager is responsible for handing over the client to an Account Manager if ongoing work is required. This should be a full account of the project and any backlog that is documented.